Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!

I hope that all of you moms had a great day!! Mine was so very enjoyable, however, didn't really start out that way......had trouble sleeping last night and at 4:30 I got out of bed wide awake.  Knowing I needed to pick up some photo paper to finish up my projects for our Moms, I headed to Wal-Mart.  I definitely have decided that is the time to shop! No lines, no crowds......but it also means that I would have to wake up at 4:30 to shop.  So despite all the pros, I am pretty sure that my shopping will be done during "normal" hours.  Oh, yeah, one big con to shopping at is that it is soooooo easy to browse and along with my photo paper, I walked out with 2 six packs of petunias, onion, garlic and elephant ear bulbs, seeds for my gardens and a new pair of pajamas.

After returning home from my shopping trip, I was able to put the finishing touches on the mother's day projects for my mom and Ron's mom.  I made them both the same thing and got the idea for the frame from My Mind's Eye blog.  You can look at my inspiration here:
Here is my take on it and the card that I made:

I found $5.00 frames at our local Pamida store, sanded it lightly, and applied crackle glaze.  Once the glaze dried, I applied white paint.  I used Fancy Pants Road Show papers for both the cards and the frames.  Other supplies I used was the Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Tim Holtz stamps, Doodle Bug and October Afternoon rub-ons and Thickers.  The flower on the card was made with ribbon I had on hand and Cosmo Cricket these........they are awesome. 

Now, for the rest of my Mother's son, Tyler, took me out to lunch at Ground Round.  We had a great time and so enjoyable to be able to spend time just the two of us and catch up.  In case you are wondering why we left my hubby at home, Ron has been going pretty much 24/7 all week planting corn.  We had enough rain this morning that he couldn't get back in the field and he decided to stay home and get some much needed rest.  The only thing that would have made it better is if my daughter could have made it home from college and have lunch with us.  Tyler also presented me with a gift certificate to a local green house.  When we got home, I had a much needed nap as my early morning shopping trip caught up with me. 

So looking back on the day, even with the early morning shopping trip, it was a great day.  Did some crafting, shopping, lunch with one of my two favorite guys and a nap, yes it was a pretty darn good day.  Until we meet again on my gravel road.

No comments:

Post a Comment