Sunday, February 27, 2011

Project Sunday

Hi, it has been a busy Sunday for me as I have been working on a couple of projects.  One is for a scrapbook page layout contest that I am entering.  The other is for a friend, co-worker and one of the kindest persons that I have had the privilege to know.

First here is a peek into some of my supplies that I used for the scrapbook page.  Supplies used were Bazzil cardstock (my favorite cardstock), Scenic Route paper, Country Life Cricut cartridge and Paper Glaze. One product that was a little unusual is a cup wrap from my daughter's college.  When she brought it home for Christmas break I grabbed it before she threw it away as I knew that I could use it for a project.  Here is the link to the challenge that I am taking: http://www.sketchsupport.com/2011/02/one-page-week-part-5-jillibean-soup.html The challenge called that I use the colors red, orange, blue, green & brown.  So I gathered my supplies with a mind that I was going to combine the challenge colors with Augustana's school colors of navy & yellow.   Here is what I started with:


So I needed to put my layout together using the colors that it called for.  Blue was easy....a school color.  The red, orange and green were also pretty easy as the they were all in the Scenic Route paper that I used.  Brown was a little more difficult until I remembered that I had the coffee wrapper!!  All my bases were covered and here is what I came up with:


The sketch was perfect for this layout!!  Speaking of  Sketch Support, they featured one of my layouts in their blog post tonight.  If you are interested, you can see at http://www.sketchsupport.com/2011/02/my-way.html

On to my next project...I do have to give a big thank-you to Tammy Tutterrow for your inspiration for this as I had a major creative block as to what to do with it. Here is the inspiration http://tammytutterow.typepad.com/tammy_tutterow/2011/02/sketch-support-blog-hop.html & my take:


Goodnight and have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment